The Parents’ Auxiliary has been an important pillar of the Talmud Torah School since our inception in 1937.
For 70 years, the mission of our all-volunteer group has been to enhance the school’s curriculum and enrich the school experience of our students. We do this by organizing fundraising events throughout the school year in order to create or support programs which fall outside of the school’s regular operating budget.
Parent’s Auxiliary is proud to organize and support the following programs within Talmud Torah:
- Free agendas provided to every student at beginning of school year
- Free t-shirts provided to every child enrolled at Talmud Torah
- Free challah for every class to celebrate Shabbat
- Free holiday treats for every major Jewish holiday
- Indoor/outdoor recess boxes equipped with games and activities
- Annual Sock Hop Dance
- In-school and out-of-school educational & cultural programs
- Monthly “Pizza Lunch” program
- Weekly “Club Moo” milk program
- School Supplies Ordering Program
- Ad-hoc contributions to sports programs and other special events
We support the above through our fundraising events which include:
- Publishing of the Edmonton Jewish Community Phone Book
- Entertainment Book sales
- Design and sales of our school clothing/outerwear
Of course, all of these fundraising initiatives and our many school programs cannot be achieved without the support and commitment of our parent volunteers. Whether you have an hour or more to spare, we hope that you can come out to join us.
For change of address information with respect to the Jewish Phone Book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.